STEILACOOM: (STEEL-a-koom) Chinook name of a Native American village once located on Chambers Bay near present day Tacoma, Washington.
Our versatile Steilacoom platform offers light weight and excellent handling in an extremely durable package. With best-in-class mud clearance, an oversize butted titanium tube set, standard rack and fender mounts, and availability with disc or cantilever brakes, the Steilacoom is performance and versatility defined.
* Aggressively shaped and butted oversize tube set for maximum performance and light weight.
* S-bend seat and chain stays provide clearance for the thickest mud and the widest tires.
* Mono-stay rear triangle. Lighter and better lateral bracing.
* Slightly sloping top tube. Smaller, lighter and stiffer main triangle and more stand-over height.
* Forward facing seat slot and seatpost binder reinforce the clamp area and keeps water out of your bottom bracket.
* Top tube cable routing.
* Size specific geometry.
* Available in titanium or steel.