HYAK // Steel
HYAK // Steel
The high-performance road bike of your dreams. Stage race geometry, excellent acceleration, fearless handling. Production steel frame. Handbuilt in Portland.
HYAK: Our handmade production race frame.
(HI-yak) Chinook word meaning "fast" or "quick".
Hand built in our Portland shop, the Hyak represents a quarter century of elite level bike racing -- training, coaching, fitting, frame building -- distilled into a smooth, responsive, and lightweight production frame. No racks, no fenders, no compromises, just a classic race bike.
* Sloping top tube frame design yields a compact and dynamic ride with plenty of standover.
* Traditional down tube braze-ons for shifter or cable stop bosses. Available in Di2/eTap/EPS configuration.
* Traditional reinforced 1-1/8" head tube.
* Traditional English 68mm bottom bracket.
* Traditional 27.2mm seatpost.
* Removable aluminum seat post clamp.
* Standard single color powder coat with single color decals. Custom paint available.
* Available in 2cm sizes from 50-62cm.
* Available as a complete bike with any component build.
* Ritchey cast drop-outs for light weight, strength and rigidity.
* Clearance for 25c tires.
* Traditional split stop brake cable routing makes for easy maintenance and stronger rear braking.
* Standard Paragon low disc mount. Flat mount available.
* Clearance for 28c tires.
* Hydro saddles for continuous/hydraulic housing to rear brake.